How Great Customer Service Experiences Grow Businesses

How Great Customer Service Experiences Grow Businesses

For over 50 years, Dr. Gerald Blumenthal has been educating Houston and nationwide corporations and businesses on the art and science of customer service. Using an entertaining and humorous public speaking style, Dr. Blumenthal helps businesses bring their customer service to an optimal level.

Although it is important that your products be outstanding, Dr. Blumenthal understands that the best way to succeed in business is through an exceptional customer service experience. Customers agree, as a McKinsey study found that 70 percent of buyers based their buying experiences on how they felt they were being treated.

Let’s take a look further into how providing a great customer service experience will help your business grow.

A Great Customer Service Experience Helps You Stand Out

It’s difficult to stand out in a competitive market. Sure, you can compete on price, but that often leads to a downward race. Instead, you can compete on the level of customer experience. Therefore, even if you can’t stand out with your products or price in a flooded market, you can create a customer experience that will set you apart from the rest. Customers long for amazing customer experiences, but are often left disappointed. Therefore, offering a great customer service experience unique to your brand is something your competitors cannot compete with.

A Great Customer Service Experience Helps Retain Customers

A recent trend in the business world has seen corporations shift their focus from bringing in new customers to retaining their current clients. In fact, a recent study by Gartner reported that 89 percent of companies now compete on the basis of customer service, compared to just 36 percent four years ago. This is due to the fact that it is several times more costly to attract new customers than it is to retain existing customers.

The key to retaining your customers is to offer a great customer service experience that builds a personal connection with your clients. Simple actions such as addressing customers by name, showing genuine interest in their circumstances, and making them feel valued go a long way in keeping your customer. By creating a personal connection, your customers are highly likely to return again and again.

An Accenture survey found that only 23 percent of companies were able to deliver great customer service experiences. The other 77 percent simply failed to deliver. These shocking statistics are why companies invite Dr. Blumenthal to speak at their corporate engagements.

At a Dr. Blumenthal speaking engagement, every attendee gains a wealth of knowledge on how to provide a great customer service experience to customers each and every time. Dr. Blumenthal’s public speaking style is both informative and entertaining, thus allowing attendees to have a great time while learning. Dr. Blumenthal’s expertise is helping businesses grow, so schedule him today to speak at your next company engagement.


Dr. Gerald Blumenthal is a global entrepreneur, author and speaker. Companies in the Greater Houston area utilize Gerald’s 50-plus years of business success to educate their executives, managers, and employees on the art and science of customer service.

NSA National Speakers Association Professional Member